Friday, January 23, 2009

Breath

Was our love too strong to die, or were we just to weak to kill it? The lyrics repeated in my head like a skipping record. Accusing… I guess it was the latter. I looked down at her chest. Her labored breathing. In. Out. It was hypnotizing. I tried to recall how many times I laid my head on that chest. Rising and descending in rhythm with her breaths. Lulled into a hazy trance. I tried to recall how many times I saw that chest heave in the staccato rhythm of crying. Her chest communicated more than here eyes or her lips ever could. Her disappointments manifest in her heavy breathing. I looked at my watch. 10 minutes. Her breathing had slowed then stopped. I removed the pillow and shoved it under my head as I lay down and breathed slowly…

No comments:

Post a Comment